Looking at objections and supportive comments about block rewards funding, I see libertarian and socialist orientations coming through.
Still, we all will tend adopt our own mix of different ideas together. Nonetheless, this difference as seen in the discussions around block rewards seems fairly great and poses many challenges to designing sustainable funding.
What philosophical orientations do you see in the community?
Which issues bring these orientations out (I’ll list a few here, we know them all LOL).
- The question of state modification after the DAO incident
- The question of fund recovery
- Ethereum Foundation governance
- Core Devs decision-making process
- Issues with private meetings of important groups
- Issues with crypto oligarchy and holders of BTC and ETH
- Issues with investors or business-oriented players
- Issues with highly-skilled, technocratic oligarchy
- Sustainable open source